Phalloplasty is the surgery for enlargement of the penis. The term is occasionally referred to the construction of a penis. The surgery which first occurs for the purpose of the sexual assignment, which was carried by Michael Dillon during the year 1946 which is done by Dr. Harold Gillies. The book the first man-made man which is written by Pagan Kennedy. It is having lots of complex problems while doing the surgery.
Phalloplasty and ways of surgery
• Using rib cartilage, the surgeon from Russia first performed the surgery of penis.
• Later on, Microsurgery is being started. Before that, the technique which is started by Michael Dhillon remained standard for long.
• The operation or the surgery can be performed when the patients have amicropenis or lost his penis and which has congenital anomalies.
• And also to them who wants to change the sex from female to male genitals.
• Phalloplasty has four techniques, which involve that the flap tissue to extend the urethra taking it from donor’s site.
Functions and benefits of surgery
• According to surgical methods, there are four different methods exist. The complications of the surgery lie on the lengthening of the urethra.
• In trans men, the process involves scroplasty, which means insertion of the prosthetic scrotum. For erection implantation of an erectile prosthesis to achieve an erection.
• The success rate of implantation of the penis in trans is a lower rate than the reconstruction of pain.
• The skin eradiation is possible through surgery. Bone graft technique is adopted in earlier stages of construction.
• Which is attached to the public tone in the year 2009 a research is started to construct the by using erectile tissue for the reconstruction of the penis.
• Experiments first carried on rabbits, that too in preliminary stages.
• Phalloplasty is undergone after taking care of safety measures under all medical facilities. These days transgender surgeries are also referred by this term.